One most fundamental technique to gain sales from your site is to redesign your website. However, the same tactic is often responsible for the decline in organic traffic search. From the very start, it would be smart to keep an SEO perspective while redesigning of sites. This confirms the corrections whatever required in the earlier design.
1. Analyze your running site for the aspects that are harming your SEO attempts. Certain factors like deep- linking which is actually not permitted yet quite often practiced; using smaller sized thumbnails using HTML which paces the surfing speed; requiring plug ins and cookies, are all things that you wonâ€™t repeat in your next design of the website. It brings difficulty in getting proper search engine rankings.
2. You must be aiming a redesign with an organizational structure that would be search engine friendly. This requires developing of a story board which depicts the site finely. You must not like a design that prompts a change in the URLs sooner the content is archived like that we find in blogging sites.
3. Decide the keywords and meta-keywords which would be essential to get right business. Review the analytics for the running site and you would perhaps get the best idea about it.Tools like Google Webmaster and Google Analytics are good resources to identify right keywords for your website.This has a big plus of fetching you traffic and in case there is pay per click campaign youâ€™d get a good consideration. Keywords, of course, have added on purposes. Study your competitors site if it is working good then feel free to tag those keywords that you collect there in your new content.
4. The targeted keywords should be put on to your new articles on the website thus making it more optimized and floatable on search engines by tags. This keeps your budget in grip since you require no more outsourcing of the work to SEO team after your redesign.
5. People find logic in their doings. If you thrust more and more keywords and make your article a pure boredom, people wonâ€™t find a point in seeing it a long time. Keywords are to be wisely put with proper navigation structure linked. Keywords are often grouped as per peopleâ€™s searches; you may try that.
6. Pages that are fetching you traffic should be named same as the topic headings. Google would hardly mind if your pages get a different look. It is the URL & content that matters and is crawled to trace. A well-doing page for you needs not seek any reshuffling. In case you are bound to alter you should apply the 301 redirect so that the Google stays informed- where to move and find.
7. The incoming links would get broken sooner after any change in URL. Use 301 redirects for pages with incoming links. This would be really beneficial if you are unable to keep in touch with one incoming link that is no more available.
8. Pages that you could not cover with the 301 redirect should be at least covered by 404 error page. This is nothing but a custom page which would include the search box on site, hyperlinks to main landing pages which you are aware of.
A redesign from smart hands like say- Sibzsolutions would never spell disaster for the siteâ€™s rankings in search engine. It would surely lead to an improved traffic and business output.